Hey guys! It’s been months since I started blogging again because November and December have been really hectic for me. I was still trying to cope up with the changes since my dad’s passing,then my cousin’s wedding, and then Christmas and New Year. Last year was definitely a roller coaster ride for me. Phew! Anyway, I haven’t greeted you all yet so Happy 2018 you guys! I wish you all had a wonderful 2017.
Okay, enough with the introduction, now let’s get straight to the point of why I’m writing this article! I’m here to tell ya’ll some good news that will totally excite you!
and the good news is….
the Roasted Vegetable Pizza!
Have you ever thought about an alternative for your favorite food? Because it’s here and I am just so stoked! I love pizza so much and my dad knew how crazy I am for that heavenly-made food. Unfortunately, I had to keep my eyes away from pizza since I started living healthy and never have I thought I would be able to eat it again without worrying about calories and legit enjoying every bite!
Yes, I am talking about this vegetable pizza my mom made. She already did this twice at home for some reasons like 1) I was not able to try it during her first attempt because I was on a 28-day reset and gluten is a no no. I did one bite though because I can’t resist it (it smells and looks good) so I asked her to do it again after the reset challenge and 2) because I swear to all the Gods in the universe, it is delicious!
My mother found this recipe on Pinterest. We did follow some of the ingredients and changed some. You could too depending on the availability of your ingredients.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 pound of sausage or ham, cooked (optional)
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, cut in wedge
- 8 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound of pizza dough, store bought or homemade, can be whole wheat
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 2 cups cheese of your choice, shredded
- fresh basil leaves
we added some bell peppers and tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare all the veggies, chop them and drizzle with olive oil
- Roast the veggies until tender
- Remove them from the oven and let cool
- Heat your cast iron skillet until hot but not smoking, carefully place the rolled out dough in the pan and let it cook for a few minutes
- When the crust begins to bubble, place the sauce, some cheese and the roasted veggies on top
- Place it in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese melts
- Remove from the oven and add the fresh basil leaves
You will never regret making this vegetable pizza! Enjoy!
Art From My Table. (n.d.). RUSTIC HARVEST VEGETABLE PIZZA. Retrived from https://www.artfrommytable.com/rustic-harvest-vegetable-pizza-recipe/