Oh Cookies! I know the very reason why you’re here and reading this blog post because I know you guys love cookies, but are looking for healthy alternatives. Don’t worry, these delicious espresso cookies have no butter and no brown sugar!!
But I guarantee you it’s super tasty, chewy, and it will leave you wanting more after the first bite.
I saw a recipe of espresso cookies on the net and followed it, but I added some ingredients and eliminated some. It worked fine so here’s our recipe for our espresso cookies.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup muscovado sugar
- 3 table spoons honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 140 grams ( ½ cup + 2 tablespoons) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons instant coffee
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Coffee beans
- Add the oil, sugar and honey in a large bowl and blend until smooth using a mixer.
- Then add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix well until well combined.
- In a small bowl add the dry ingredients (don’t include the coffee beans) and mix together.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to your first mix, blend until you get a sticky dough.
- Shape the dough properly so you’ll get round cookies, I used the bottom of a glass to flatten them
- Place them on a cookie tray with wax paper and press two coffee beans on top of each cookie
- Refrigerate the cookies for 30 minutes.
- Bake them for 9-12 minutes and after, let it cool for 5 minutes. NOW DIG IN!
I hope you’ll enjoy your espresso cookies like we did!! Now I’m thinking what to bake next. Watcha think?